Saturday 29 November 2008

Continuity Task

We had a small set of brief objectives to complete in our continuity task. Our main objective was to film an actor enter a room, converse with another actor and exit. I believe we achieved this well. After creating a storyboard of each step in which i drew the images for and Clare annotated we began looking for a location to shoot. After choosing the Winter Gardens for our location ( this choice was made due to good lighting there and good sound quality in that area ) we began filming. 
 Due to one of the members of our group missing and being very short on time I ended up having to act in our continuity task. This allowed Clare to use the camera- which is something that she hadn’t done before. She filmed some great shots during the shot reverse shot sequence however her panning was rather juddery and she did need some technical support. Although the camera was not as effective as it could have been I feel that Clare gained alot of valid and useful experience from this. 
 Once filmed the video was given to me to be edited, considering the time I had and the amount of film I had to work with I think I done a good job. I moved a shot which was in the middle of the scene to the beginning to introduce the character and setting before the event reinforcing the realism of the extract. I also added fades at the beginning and end which helped the scene feel smoother. If we were to do this again I would change two things:
1: Have another actor instead of me so I could therefore help Clare and be more involved
2: Shot the shots several times more so that we had more clips to choose from.

Despite this I believe that the text created was successful and followed the guidelines originally set.

No comments: